If you’re like a lot of property owners, you want your home to be safeguarded at all times. but, will a home security system work in Dover?
The simple answer: affirmative. But you have to pick the most robust components and services to benefit the most from home security. Not only do the alarms and sensors provide wonderful peace-of-mind, the modern equipment has a level of responsiveness and management you may not have thought possible. By using home automation, surveillance, and easy-to-use tools through a mobile app, you can make a secure smart home.
Let's stop for a second and learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a good idea for your house.
Necessary Security Features
In order to know your Dover home security system works to its potential, you have to get these essential home security devices:
- Entryway sensors: You might find this unusual, but many thieves enter your home through your front door. The other two most common targets are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are considered the foundation of your home security system. When the system is armed and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Get rid of those unresponsive number pads, as state-of-the-art smart screens now manage your entire system. These hubs can also manage your home automation, home security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The biggest security system allow you manage every segment of your home security through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm triggers, you will see an instant alert to your phone. Also, activate your motion alarms anywhere, program smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- ADT yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t tech in an ADT sign or a window sticker, these will forewarn a would-be burglar that your home is protected.
But Does A Alarm System Lessen Your Chance Of A Burglary?
While it could seem like an exaggeration to install alarms and download a smartphone app when you have locks and live in a safe town, studies support the notion that home security systems can still protect your home. For example, a report out of Rutger University sees that most intruders will actively stay away from properties with a home security system installed. Instead they’ll look to hit an easier home that is unprotected.
That correlated with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties don’t use a home security system. With numbers, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than properties that are secured. And while displaying that your house has a system helps dissuade forceful entry, other things -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also raise your home security system.
Of course, modern home security can do more than ring an siren. Now you have some needed services that make a home security safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a alarm system work in Dover without 24/7 monitoring? Having a backup plan is always the best ideas and round-the-clock monitoring from security experts can ensure the police or fire arrive to the scene quickly after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring agents will watch your alarms all day long -- whether you are there or not. If you’re out and can’t hear an alarm, your agent will contact you and the proper emergency service after a triggered alarm event. Even when you’re in the house, you can make sure kids and furry companions are accounted for and safe.
Install The Same Monitored Services For Flood, Fire, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you get your security system, you can choose to cover much more than intrusion prevention. devices like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be integrated into your main set-up. If an disaster is detected, your sensors will trigger just like your home security alarms. Then when the high-decibel bell rings, your round-the-clock monitoring experts are contacted, and a notification will come to your smartphone.
You can even get a panic button, which is conveniently connected to you or a family member via a pendant, bracelet, or clip. If there is a fall emergency or a serious medical condition, they can employ a two-finger button to call the monitoring team.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home components bring you a tier of control and accessibility you’ve never had before. They will make your house more efficient and responsive. And when you connect home automation to your home security system, they will also make your house much safer. For example:
- Schedule your smart lights to make it feel like your house is occupied when you’re on vacation.
- Have your hall smart lighting come on as your security camera senses sudden motion.
- Use geolocation to lock your smart locks, turn off your lights, and lower the temperature when you leave the house.
- Create customized scenes so you can pre-program your lighting, thermostat, alarms, cameras, and other equipment with a single touch of a button.
- Or just check on all your alarms and cameras and manage your alarms and cameras through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve with smart devices, and you’ll realize how much you need a modern home security system in Dover. You can even direct your components with vocal commands when you link your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Maintain A Watch On Your Home With Smart Cameras
Yard signs and proper lighting are wonderful intrusion obstructions, but security cameras can take your protection to a higher plane. The furthest thing a thief wants is to be caught on camera as the 30-second clip could be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can choose from outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, all which give you live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to check out the sound you heard in the back yard? Would you like to say hi to the kids after school? Has a package been delivered yet? All you have to do is to pull up the feed from your mobile app. You might also allow texts on your phone whenever a guest approaches or the camera sees abnormal motion. If you choose, you can speak with visitors with the two-way talk feature on the app.
How To Custom-Build Your Home Security System In Dover?
Need help in creating a security system that works in Dover? Our ADT agents will help you choose the best alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Call directly at (302) 238-1722 or complete the form below.