How Does Geofencing In Dover Enhance A Home Security System?
Modern smart security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to perform easy security duties like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Dover, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Dover For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your house, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all elements onto a single network. You can set up a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and assign what actions you want to take place as you cross the specified border.
For example, when you exit your driveway, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Dover. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make certain equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in harmony together. Make your lighting lower, the A/C go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm system as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Dover
Whether you seek added peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact one of our representatives today at (302) 238-1722 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.