Security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are outfitted with a number of features all built to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features help you to get the most from home security cameras in Dover.
How To Set Up Your Dover Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting your devices in the best places within your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in frequented areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart move to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your porch, drive, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that are less vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your guests needs to be a major consideration before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the first step in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Dover. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your smart device anytime strange activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start recording when movements are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone via the unit. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce clips of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and overlook traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Dover is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system rises from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (302) 238-1722 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.