How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Dover
You realize you have to safeguard your home. After all, it supplies shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your possessions. But what form of home protection is ideal? Whether or not to get 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief decisions you will make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Dover and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home security system connects to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. Whenever a window sensor trips or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents get an instant alert. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t have a backup team. You might think of this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you have to respond to resolve it. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Dover
Here’s a short look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always smart. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without your phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior tools and smooth integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will discover on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless individuals would rather have the job taken care of by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Dover
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Some may deem this to be a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an added expense. Other people will wish to use an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may integrate components whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you might find assembling into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security notification? This scenario equates to more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the install, you might have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Dover
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Dover from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the ideal solution for you. Dial (302) 238-1722 today to speak with our security experts.